- Shop by Skin Type
- Pregnancy (selected by Leonilla)
- Teenagers (selected by Leonilla)
- Cleansers & Toners
- Dry Skin
- Dehydrated Skin
- Mature / Anti-wrinkle
- Firming / Lifting
- Sensitive Skin
- Oily Skin
- Problematic Skin
- Tired / Dull Skin
- Pigmentation Products
- Eyes / Neck / Lips / Hands
- Intensive Anti-ageing
- Depilatory Care
- Make Up / Tinted Moisturiser
- Body Toning, Firming, Lifting
- Sun Protection
- Mens Skincare
- Shop by Product Category
- Guinot Moisturisers
- Guinot Intensive Moisturisers
- Guinot Cleansers, Toners, Exfoliators
- Guinot Eyes, Neck, Lips, Hands, Feet
- Guinot Treatment (Rosacea)
- Guinot Masks
- Guinot Serums and Booster Treatments
- Guinot Lightening Newhite
- Guinot Cellulite and Stretch Marks
- Guinot Body Conditioning
- Guinot Foundations and Concealers
- Guinot Depilatory Care
- Guinot Self Tanning and Suncare
- Guinot Men Specific
- Guinot Travel / Gifts / Fragrance
- Guinot Starter Kits
- Guinot Samples / Consultations
- Guinot Programs
- Shop by Skin Type
- Jane Iredale
What We Offer
The Skinmaze Beauty Academy helps people working in the Beauty Skincare / Makeup Business or indeed wishing to enter this exciting industry who would like to set up their own business be it opening a Beauty Salon, taking a room in a Hairdressers or similar, setting up as a Mobile Therapist or operating from home.
Skinmaze Beauty can guide you along this path, helping you avoid pitfalls and problems and saving you alot of time, money and stress by helping you fastrack through the process and make the right decisions.
Workshop Courses are held in situ at our Salon on days we are closed on all aspects of setting up and the ongoing running of a successful beauty business.
We find that presenting, discussing and working through thoughts in a real working environment provides a very positive atmosphere and allows us to demonstrate real examples at hand.
We offer both workshop packages for a group of people as well as bespoke days tailored to an individuals needs where we can concentrate on key target areas raised by the participant.
Participants receive a questionnaire in advance of the Workshops so we can understand participants plans and concerns prior to the day.
Participants leave with clear guidelines and ideas and with additional support available ongoing if required.
Why Select Us?
Skinmaze has extensive experience in the business sector having setup and run its own successful Beauty Salon and online beauty product business for over 10 years.
Leonilla, the Skinmaze founder is a highly qualified and experienced skincare and makeup professional who has experienced all the challenges of setting up and running her own beauty business at home and then moving into the High Street with a salon and entering the online business.
Unlike many ‘speakers’ around offering their services, Skinmaze has real hands on experience, actually working a real salon business day in day out.
Based in a holiday destination on the South Coast in Westbourne, Bournemouth Dorset, we have the mainline train station from London just 5 minutes away and plenty of places to stay with Hotels and Bed and Breakfasts within walking distance of the salon.
What will the day entail?
Subject Areas Covered include:
- Analysing oneself: your strengths and weaknesses and where one needs particular help and direction
- Know your local competition
- Deciding on Business Type be it a Limited Company, Partnership, Sole Trader operation
- Considering timelines and finances
- Selecting your business type and location:
- Room in Hairdressers etc
- Home operation
- Selecting premises if appropriate
- Insurance issues
- Creating the usp…how to stand out and be different
- Considering opening times and staff levels
- Creating your identity with a name and image and protecting them through a company name, trademark, website url etc
- Getting online
- Selecting the type and range of treatments
- How to best select your product brands and the deals you can arrange and the support on offer
- Staff requirements: Fully qualified, part qualified, students. Full time v Part time. Employing v Taking on Self employed. Their rights including illness, maternity leave, pregnancy.
- Staff targets and commissions
- Understanding the taxes and benefits from VAT, NI, PAYE, Corporation Tax, Pensions, Maternity and Sickness benefits
- Where can you make your money? Treatments, Retail product, Online, Consultations?
- Keeping a handle on the money: budgets, loans, cashflows, stock control, payroll and so on
- Sourceing equipment / kitting out
- Manual V Computer systems
- Marketing and Promotions: Shouting from the rooftops. What to do, not to do and maybe do! All the communication tools considered.
- Point of sale materials from treatment list to vouchers , referral cards and so on
- Finding clients then retaining and building your base. Staying pro-active and keeping that contact going
- Considering a franchise opportunity
- Summarising and Discussing the way forward
Who will be contributing to the day?
Leonilla: Founder of Skinmaze is an experienced and fully qualified Beauty Professional in skincare, makeup and advanced skincare procedures.
Leonilla trained up in a Beauty Salon and once qualified took a position in a Beauty Spa before setting up by herself at home and then opening a High Street Beauty Salon and launching an online business
David: Qualified accountant and marketing professional who has now worked in the beauty business for over 15 years and thus has in depth experience in making the dream become a success and make money!
Other contributors will include a Brand professional, Financial Adviser and Computer Systems Expert.
Workshop Dates and Prices
Contact Us For Details